We are looking for a Production Associate to join our small but growing team. We need someone who is friendly and fun to match our culture, works hard and follows through on commitments.
· Your primary role will be to participate in the production of existing commercial electronic based medical devices that are distributed worldwide.
· Utilize documented procedures to assemble finished goods and subcomponents
· Work with R&D in the area of manufacturing innovation with a focus on sustainable materials and efficient processes.
· Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures and participate in the development of new procedures.
· Build and test product subassemblies and final assemblies.
· Inventory related activities which would include receiving and performing inspections on parts and supplies.
· Various other operational activities such scheduling and inspections.
· Participate in our Quality and Continuous Improvement program.
· Post Secondary Diploma in science, engineering or related field.
· Familiar and comfortable using computers and application software. Ability to navigate through several computer applications to run programs or enter data.
Skills / Abilities:
· Ability to read and understand production documentation and production planning information.
· Utilize various assembly tools and can identify electrical and mechanical components utilized in area of assignment.
· Manipulative skills, including finger dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, and adept hand-eye coordination (see details at close range, manipulate components precisely with tweezers, use knives, files, etc).
· Ability to work on a sustained basis within any physical and environmental requirements applicable to area of assignment, e.g., repetitive work, various tools and materials, adhesives, or other chemical agents.
· Should have experience using hand or power tools (mini-lathe, milling machine etc).
· Good reading comprehension and verbal communication skills in the English language.
· Must be a self starter.
· Ability to work under minimum supervision with good time management skills.
· Ability to lift heavy items , up to 40 lbs (on occasion)
If this interests you, please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this position is a subject to Youth Employment Program Approval.