Rehabtronics is a rapidly growing medical device company with operations in Edmonton, AB and Vancouver BC. We are on a mission to develop technologies that improve the lives of people with paralysis. Our products have helped thousands of people around the world.
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our product development team. We need someone who is friendly and fun to match our culture, works hard and follows through on commitments. In this role you will design, develop and maintain the software associated with our medical devices. This is a permanent full-time position.
- Responsible for the development of software over the complete product lifecycle. Includes:
- Participate in product planning
- Generating software specifications
- Design of the software architecture
- Software implementation which includes programming, testing, and verification activities.
- Follow Quality and ISO procedures required for medical devices
- Provide advice and support for the company’s IT and internal software.
- Provide technical support to sales and customers.
- Degree in computer science or other technical program such as engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of software development experience.
- Experience in full-stack software development with knowledge of dev-ops principles & best practices, the HTTP request / response lifecycle, authentication, WebSockets, data security and encryption.
- Comfortable with Windows and Linux command-line environments
- Working knowledge of cloud-based deployments (AWS EC2, S3 or similar)
- Front-end development experience within a SPA framework (Mithril, React, or similar)
- Back-end development experience within a web server framework (Actix, Rocket, or similar)
- Familiar with Docker and basic Linux server administration
Skills / Abilities:
- Previous work in medical industry or experience with IEC-62304 would be an asset.
- Good communication skills in the English language.
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications such as Excel and Word.
- Must be a self starter.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision with good time management skills.
- Ability to multitask
If this interests you, please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com